Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter @ Athens

Arwen Arwen, Sellas Cafe, Exarcheia

Arwen Curley Pandeleiakis is an Artist and Interior Decorator who lives on the island of Andros. We met her at the Sellas cafe, in Exarcheia, on a sunny day during Easter and talked about many things, among them fashion and her feelings about it. That day she was wearing her favourite all-purpose winter-to-summer dress and this is how she explained it to us:

"In winter I wear it with a roll-neck and thick stockings and in summer without. With it I'm wearing my favourite silk coat. The scarf is because I'm in Athens and I feel it protects me. I can play with it when I'm annoyed, or I can cover my neck when I feel threatened. It's from Zara; my advice is to never buy anything that costs more than 40 euros, unless it's a beautiful coat or something else really worth while."

When asked about her sense of style she replied: "When I was 13, I discovered Goth, and since then there are always elements of that in my wardrobe. I love the combination of Goth-romantic and minimal.

I choose what I am going to wear each day according to how I'd like my day to go. It's like setting the atmosphere according to how you clothe your body. For example, I love Autumn and Spring and so sometimes I wear clothes that will bring on the atmosphere of that season in my life.

My favourite clothes are my pyjamas! By the way, I'd like to say that I never ever ever buy something just because it's in fashion, and I think no one should - everyone should try to find their own style. Just because you see it in a magazine, it doesn't mean it suits you. I still have things that I bought 10 years ago which I continue to wear to this very day!"

Arwen

6 comments:

Jessica said...

love her style even tho i am not a fan of the minimal!

Elena said...

Nice! The pictures are so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

How beautiful and so smart ... the model as well as the outfit.

not a girl not yet a woman! said...

After 3 years ,I spent my Easter holidays in Athens..and i had a fabulous time!!!!Wish u all the best for a magical Summer in Greece!

Dylana Suarez said...

Amazing look!

Just came across your blog! It is lovely!

colormenana.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

Sooooo cute!!!
Lovely outfit!

xxx
http://kellysboudoir.blogspot.com